At approximately 6:00 P.M. Halifax Regional Police officers responded to a dispute and motor vehicle accident in the area of Glenforest Dr. and Lacewood Dr. in Halifax.
It appears that the incident started in the parking lot at this location. A 23 year old man was having a dispute with two men who were in a vehicle. The dispute was over some property. The 23 year old man reached in to the vehicle to retrieve the property and at that time the two men began to drive away dragging the man a short distance up the street. Family members of this man witnessed what was happening and began to pursue the vehicle in their own car. It appears that they forced the vehicle off of the road near Plateau Cr and in to a tree. The two men who were in the vehicle fled the area on foot. The man who had been dragged up the street was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. HRP K-9 attended the scene but the two males who had fled were not located. The people involved in this incident were known to each other. At this time no charges have been laid and the matter is still under investigation.
Latest from haligonia.ca
- Two men charged with kidnapping and sexual assault, Three Mile Plains, N.S.
- Police in Pictou County seize drugs during search, Pictou County, N.S.
- New Science Advisory Committee to Focus on Forestry
- Queen Street & Artillery Place – Road Construction
- Amherst man faces numerous charges after crash leads to recovery of stolen vehicles, Linden, N.S.