A couple of weeks ago I wrote about using vinegar around the house. You can find my vinegar tips here. This time though is it the lemons turn to shine and shine it does. Did you know that the inexpensive lemon is a great replacement for many of the toxic things your bring into your home. Using lemons works for me.
So here are just some of the ways you can use lemon around the house:
1.Eliminate mineral deposits on chrome faucets. Rub lemon rind on the chrome and then rinse well. Dry and buff with a soft cloth.
2.If you apply lemon juice directly to soap scum and hard water deposits, the lemon juice will help dissolve them. You will have to let the lemon juice sit on the area for a few minutes.
3. Love that lemny scent? Have your home emanating with a soothing citrus scent by making lemon potpourri. Bake lemon slices on a cookie-drying rack in a 175-degree oven for four to six hours and then add to your potpourri mix.
4. Use lemon juice with a little vinegar for quicvk clean ups around the house.
5.Cut a lemon in half and dip it in baking soda to scour sinks, bathtubs and cutting boards.
6.For cleaning pots and pans take a lemon and cut it in half. Sprinkle small amount of salt across the cut section. The lemon half can then be used to clean and shine the bottoms of pots and pans.
7. You can combine lemon and olive oil to make a great polish for your hardwood floors.
8.If are using vinegar as your main cleaner one problem is the vinegar smell that it can leave. Simply take a few lemon peels and add them directly to the vinegar solution. Be sure to twist them a few times to get the a strong lemon smell. The peels will will help neutralize the harsh vinegar smell.
9, You can add lemon juice to rice to prevent it from sticking and intensify its white color.
10. Remember that lemon juice is a natural tenderizer for meats, and when it comes to fish it does take away that fishy smell.
11. Float sliced lemons in a tub of warm water for a refreshing and stress-reducing soak. The lemon-infused water will soften skin, fight dandruff and strip away soap film and excess oils.
12. Before you throw out a lemon, rub it on your nails to whiten and strengthen them.
For other great tips on what is working for others visit We are THAT Family.