A bowl of wee twinkle lights and we have instant magic! There are lots of things you can do that don’t cost a lot of money but can add a bit of holiday festiveness to your inner and outer space.
1. Write a letter to Santa! Doesn’t matter how old you are. Write one and mail it:)
3. Treat yourself to a new pair of pj’s. You will feel special. Lots to choose from this time of year.
4. Make some spiced apple cider. Your home will smell WONDERFUL!
1/2 an orange, sliced
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or a whole stick or two
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
5.How about Cranberry Infused Vodka! Takes two weeks, best get on it:)
6.Put together some yummy simple homemade cocoa mix. Keep some for yourself and also give as gifts:)
7. Candles! Put them on your deck or baclony or front step or inside every where! Get some mason jars, half fill with epsom salt and nestle a candle inside! See them here. Love them.
8. Put your Christmas cards somewhere different this year. Hang them on a string or ribbon strung high across a doorway or mantle or along a staircase or down a hall or…
9. Make some tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich, turn on the TV and veg for a bit:)
10. When was the last time you played a board game?Can you remember how much fun it was? Invite some friends over and have a lot of laughs. As much as people say they don’t like them….they do! Here are the top 15 board games:)
11. Hang candy canes on your tree.
12. Bundle up after supper and go for a slow walk in your neighborhood one night. The sky is so bright this time of year and on a cloudy one, the world seems close and quiet.
13. Buy some birdfood and put out a tray of seed. The chickadees will keep you company.
14. This is an old one but, bake some cookies and deliver a plate of them to someone who doesn’t expect it. You will MAKE their day. Unexpected treats can change the world!
15. Connect with a friend with whom you are long overdue connecting with. Pick up the phone. A simple gift for both of you.
16. Give something to a food bank near you.
17. Enjoy the Season, whatever it means to you. It is an opportunity to spread good cheer and reflect on what is important.The days are short and the nights are long.