Outstanding Drama Series
- Breaking Bad
- The Good Wife
- Mad Men
- True Blood
I’d love to see Dexter win this one, but I’m predicting it will go to True Blood.
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series
- Breaking Bad: Bryan Cranston as Walter White
- Dexter: Michael C. Hall as Dexter Morgan
- Friday Night Lights: Kyle Chandler as Eric Taylor
- House: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House
- Lost: Matthew Fox as Jack Shephard
- Mad Men: Jon Hamm as Don Draper
I want to see Michael C. Hall win, but I’m predicting Kyle Chandler since it’s his last chance.
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series
- The Closer: Kyra Sedgwick as Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson
- Damages:Glenn Close as Patty Hewes
- Friday Night Lights: Connie Britton as Tami Taylor
- The Good Wife:Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: Mariska Hargitay as Det. Olivia Benson
- Mad Men: January Jones as Betty Draper
My guess is Julianna Marguiles, but I’d like to see January Jones win.
Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series
- Breaking Bad: Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman
- Damages: Martin Short as Leonard Winstone
- Lost: Terry O’Quinn as John Locke
- Lost: Michael Emerson as Ben Linus
- Mad Men: John Slattery as Roger Sterling
- Men Of A Certain Age: Andre Braugher as Owen
I’m not as familiar with these shows, so I’m predicting Aaron Paul because I hear such good things about Breaking Bad.
Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Drama Series
- Burn Notice: Sharon Gless as Madeline Westen
- Damages: Rose Byrne as Ellen Parsons
- The Good Wife: Archie Panjabi as Kalinda Sharma
- The Good Wife: Christine Baranski as Diane Lockhart
- Mad Men: Christina Hendricks as Joan Harris
- Mad Men: Elisabeth Moss as Peggy Olson
My guess is Elisabeth Moss, but I’d really like to see Christina Hendricks take home the prize too.
Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series
- The Closer: Beau Bridges as Detective George Andrews
- Damages: Ted Danson as Arthur Frobisher
- Dexter: John Lithgow as Arthur Mitchell
- The Good Wife: Alan Cumming as Eli Gold
- The Good Wife: Dylan Baker as Colin Sweeney
- Mad Men: Robert Morse as Bertram Cooper
- 24: Gregory Itzin as President Charles Logan
If this doesn’t go to John Lithgow for his chilling performance as Trinity, I’m going to be very mad.
Outstanding Guest Actress In A Drama Series
- Big Love: Mary Kay Place as Adaleen Grant
- Big Love: Sissy Spacek as Marilyn Densham
- The Cleaner: Shirley Jones as Lola Zellman
- Damages: Lily Tomlin as Marilyn Tobin
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: Ann-Margret as Rita Wills
- Lost: Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet Burke
I think Sissy Spacek could win for her role on Big Love.
Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series
- Friday Night Lights
- The Good Wife
- Mad Men
I think Lost will take this one.
Outstanding Comedy Series
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Modern Family
- Nurse Jackie
- The Office
- 30 Rock
I’m predicting Glee will take this one, even though it’s more of a dramedy.
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series
- The Big Bang Theory: Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: Larry David as Himself Glee: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester
- Monk: Tony Shalhoub as Adrian Monk
- The Office: Steve Carell as Michael Scott
- 30 Rock: Alec Baldwin as Jack Donaghy
I’m predicting Jim Parsons will finally take the win.
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series
- Glee: Lea Michele as Rachel Berry
- The New Adventures Of Old Christine: Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Christine Campbell
- Nurse Jackie: Edie Falco as Jackie Peyton
- Parks And Recreation: Amy Poehler as Leslie Knope
- 30 Rock: Tina Fey as Liz Lemon
- United States Of Tara:Toni Collette as Tara Gregson
I think Edie Falco will win this one.
Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series
- Glee: Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel
- How I Met Your Mother: Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson
- Modern Family: Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell
- Modern Family: Eric Stonestreet as Cameron Tucker
- Modern Family: Ty Burrell as Phil Dunphy
- Two And A Half Men: Jon Cryer as Alan Harper
I’d practically do anything to see Chris Colfer win, and I’ll be happy so long as John Cryer doesn’t. But I’m guessing it will go to Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
Outstanding Supporting Actress In A Comedy Series
- Glee: Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester
- Modern Family: Julie Bowen as Claire Dunphy
- Modern Family: Sofia Vergara as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett
- Saturday Night Live: Kristen Wiig as Various Characters
- 30 Rock: Jane Krakowski as Jenna Maroney
- Two And A Half Men: Holland Taylor as Evelyn Harper
I think Jane Lynch will take this one.
Outstanding Guest Actor In A Comedy Series
- Glee: Mike O’Malley as Burt Hummel
- Glee: Neil Patrick Harris as Bryan Ryan
- Modern Family: Fred Willard as Frank Dunphy
- Nurse Jackie: Eli Wallach as Bernard Zimberg
- 30 Rock: Jon Hamm as Dr. Drew Baird
- 30 Rock: Will Arnett as Devin Banks
I love NPH, but Mike O’Malley is fantastic (though dramatic, not funny) on Glee.
Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series
- The Big Bang Theory: Christine Baranski as Beverly Hofstadter
- Desperate Housewives: Kathryn Joosten as Karen McCluskey
- Glee: Kristin Chenoweth as April Rhodes
- Saturday Night Live: Tina Fey as Host
- Saturday Night Live: Betty White as Host
- 30 Rock: Elaine Stritch as Colleen Donaghy
- Two And A Half Men: Jane Lynch as Dr. Linda Freeman
This category features some great performances! My money’s on Betty White.
Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series
- Modern Family
- The Office
- 30 Rock
I think Modern Family will take this one.
- The Pacific
- Return To Cranford (Masterpiece)
The Pacific feels like a shoe-in.
Outstanding Made For Television Movie
- Endgame (Masterpiece)
- Georgia O’Keeffe
- The Special Relationship
- Temple Grandin
- You Don’t Know Jack
I’m guessing Temple Grandin.
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Miniseries Or A Movie
A Dog Year: Jeff Bridges as Jon Katz
The Prisoner: Sir Ian McKellen as Two
The Special Relationship: Michael Sheen as Tony Blair
The Special Relationship: Dennis Quaid as Bill Clinton
You Don’t Know Jack: Al Pacino as Dr. Jack Kevorkian
Who knows? I’ll guess Al Pacino.
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Miniseries Or A Movie
- Capturing Mary: Maggie Smith as Mary Gilbert
- Georgia O’Keeffe: Joan Allen as Georgia O’Keeffe
- Return To Cranford (Masterpiece): Dame Judi Dench as Miss Matty
- The Special Relationship: Hope Davis as Hillary Clinton
- Temple Grandin: Claire Danes as Temple Grandin
I’m guessing Claire Danes here.
Outstanding Reality Program
- Antiques Roadshow
- Dirty Jobs
- Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution
- Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D-List
- Undercover Boss
God, some of these shows (cough, cough, Undercover Boss) are really awful. I’m going with Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D-List.
Outstanding Reality – Competition Program
- The Amazing Race
- American Idol
- Dancing With The Stars
- Project Runway
- Top Chef
It is an absolute travesty that Survivor isn’t here. Heroes vs. Villains was so good it practically consumed my life! I’ll go with The Amazing Race, because it always wins.
Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition Program
- The Amazing Race: Phil Keoghan as Host
- American Idol: Ryan Seacrest as Host
- Dancing With The Stars: Tom Bergeron as Host
- Project Runway: Heidi Klum as Host
- Survivor: Jeff Probst as Host
Sorry Seacrest, but Jeff Probst does a lot more than read out phone numbers and get daily spray tans.
Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series
- The Colbert Report
- The Daily Show With Jon Stewart
- Real Time With Bill Maher
- Saturday Night Live
- The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien
I wasn’t really with Coco (I was on the side of funny, which was neither Leno nor O’Brien) but I think The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien will get this one. It’s the Emmy equivilent of Heath Ledger winning the Oscar for The Dark Knight.
Outstanding Costumes For A Series
- Glee • The Power Of Madonna
- The Good Wife • Crash
- Mad Men • Souvenir 30 Rock • I Do Do
- The Tudors • Episode #408
This is an interesting one, because both Glee and Mad Men do costuming so well. I think Glee should have submitted the Gaga episode, but I’m still predicting Glee will win. Mad Men must already have an Emmy in costume design, right?
Those are my predictions – do you have some? I hope so, because soon I’ll be announcing a fun Emmy Awards contest!