Today, June 27, Nova Scotia is reporting three new cases of COVID-19 and seven recoveries.
Two cases are in Central Zone and are close contacts of previously reported cases.
The other case is in Eastern Zone and is under investigation.
There is limited community spread in Central Zone. Eastern, Northern and Western Zones continue to be closely monitored for community spread.
“Nova Scotians have done an exceptional job to get us where we are today,” said Premier Iain Rankin. “Just a few months ago we were experiencing the highest rates of COVID-19 that we’ve ever seen in the province. COVID-19 variants can spread much quicker and more easily, so we need to do what we can to prevent it from spreading- get tested, get vaccinated and continue to follow the public health measures.”
As of today, Nova Scotia has 58 active cases of COVID-19. Of those, two people are in hospital COVID-19 units. The median age of people hospitalized in the third wave is 52 for non-ICU and 55 for people in ICU.
On June 26, Nova Scotia Health Authority’s labs completed 3,150 tests.
“The active cases are decreasing and our vaccine rates continue to increase,” said Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia’s chief medical officer of health. “These are a few of the indicators we look to determine if it is safe to move to the next phase in our reopening plan. Let’s keep up the good work.”
Since April 1, there have been 4,086 positive COVID-19 cases and 26 deaths. Cases range in age from under 10 to over 90. There are 4,002 resolved cases. Cumulative cases may change as data is updated in Panorama.
Source: Release #notw