We all love to entertain but we don’t want it to break our wallets.
Whether it is a dinner party or having guests for the weekend you want to do things just right.
There is the temptation to do things by ordering in, supplying heaps of wine and drink, or purchasing ready made but there are cheaper alternatives.
For weekend guests:
- Keep a list on inexpensive or free activities to do in the city.
- purchase trail size products for your guests bathroom needs and put them in a small basket in their room.
- instead of canned sodas how about trying a citrus punch and homemade ice tea.
For a dinner party:
- use an existing household item or plant for the centerpiece.
- have a potluck dinner.
- Have a theme party and have your guests each bring a needed item.
- instead of buying dishes use existing dishes even if it means mixing and matching or borrow what you need.
- use potatoes, rice, or pasta to stretch your budget dollars. All of these ingredients are cheap and help to stretch a meal. and who doesn’t love a good salad?
By using just a few of these ideas the next time you have company you will be saving money and still having a great time with family and friends. What are some of your favorite tips for when you have company?