Police laid firearms and drug trafficking charges after a search of a residence in Halifax this morning.
At approximately 5 a.m., investigators from the Special Enforcement Section of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division and the Emergency Response Team conducted a search of a residence on River Road in Halifax in relation to an ongoing investigation. Officers arrested three people at the scene, seized a firearm, ammunition, cocaine and hydromorphone.
Three men ages 31, 35 and 56 are scheduled to appear in Halifax provincial court at a later date to face charges of:
- Unsafe storage of a firearm contrary to regulations
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Possession of firearm obtained by the commission of an offence
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purposes of trafficking (x2)
The 56-year-old man is also facing two counts of possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to a court order.