Police have charged a woman with weapons offences in relation to an incident in Halifax yesterday.
At approximately 12:30 p.m. police were called to the 400 block of Herring Cove Road for a weapons complaint. A woman confronted a man known to her and threatened him with a firearm. The woman then returned to a residence on Greystone Drive. Nobody was physically injured.
Officers from West Division Patrol and the Emergency Response Team attended the residence and arrested the woman without incident. Investigators seized a firearm from the residence.
Anna Louise Clyke, 66, is scheduled to appear in Halifax provincial court today to face charges of:
- Pointing a firearm
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to public peace
- Using a firearm in the commission of an offence
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Storing a firearm contrary to regulations
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is prohibited
- Possession of a firearm obtained by crime