**** HRP Media Release
Woman faces charges after fleeing police
A woman is facing 10 charges, including impaired driving, after fleeing police in Dartmouth over the weekend.
At approximately 4:15 a.m. on November 9, East Division officers attempted to stop a suspected impaired driver on Windmill Road. The female driver, who was alone in the vehicle, refused to stop, and officers briefly pursued the vehicle before ceasing the pursuit due to safety concerns. The vehicle was located abandoned a short time later in the 200 block of Victoria Road where it had struck a rock wall. Officers were not pursuing the vehicle at the time of the collision.
The driver had fled on foot, and officers arrested her without incident a short time later at a residence on Stairs Street. Officers seized a shotgun and ammunition that were located in the vehicle.
Brittany Rose Prosper, 25, of Halifax is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Impaired operation of a motor vehicle contrary to Section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Refusal of breath demand contrary to Section 320.15(1) of the Criminal Code
- Flee police contrary to Section 320.17 of the Criminal Code
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle contrary to Section 320.13(1) of the Criminal Code
- Assault with a weapon to police contrary to Section 270.01(a) of the Criminal Code (X3)
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm contrary to Section 91(1) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized contrary to Section 92(1) of the Criminal Code
- Contravention of storage regulations contrary to Section 86(2) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a firearm in a vehicle contrary to Section 94(1) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition contrary to Section 95 of the Criminal Code