At the Regular Board Meeting on April 25, 2012, the Halifax Regional School Board approved the following motions for the Bedford Boundary Review.
Report #12-04-1341 – Bedford Boundary Review – (link)
1. It was moved and seconded (Poole/Blumenthal-Harrison) that the Board approve the recommendation from Senior Staff that students living west of Bicentennial Highway now in the Bedford South School boundary be redirected to the Basinview Drive Community School catchment area.
2. It was moved and seconded (Blumenthal-Harrison/Yee) that the Board approve the recommendation from Senior Staff that a boundary review be carried out including the following schools:
– Hammonds Plains Consolidated School
– Kingswood Elementary School
– Madeline Symonds Middle School
– Charles P. Allen High School
– All schools in the Sir John A. Macdonald High Family of Schools
3. It was moved and seconded (Poole/Brine) that the Board approve the recommendation from Senior Staff that students in grades 7-9 attending Bedford South School and the students of Bedford Junior High School be redirected to the current Charles P. Allen building when the new high school now under construction is completed.
4. It was moved and seconded (Arsenault/Finlayson) that the Board amend the motion that all the students north of the Bedford highway including Duke Street to Rutledge Street and any P-6 students in the Waverley Road catchment area be redirected to Basinview Drive Community School.
The next scheduled board meeting will take place on Wednesday, May 23.