In the afternoon of May 30th, fire crews were called to 86 Autumn Dr in Cow Bay for reports of a structure fire.
The home sustained substantial damage, but Halifax Fire said no injuries or human fatalities occurred as a result of the fire, however a family dog died at the scene.
The ignition source was determined to be caused from an electrical issue. Fire investigators have also determined that the area of origin was an exterior wall. The cause of this fire was classified as accidental by Investigationss.