A message from Donna Lugar, Chair of the Bedford Residents Association:
It has recently been brought to my attention that paid members of the Bedford Residents Association have not been provided with an update on what is happening with the Association.
In this regard, the following would be a brief update:
1. The Association has commenced meeting on the 3rd Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at the Riverside Pub. All members and those wishing to join may attend. However, please let me know if you plan on attending so that sufficient seating can be made available.
2. The Association is presently working with our Councillor, Tim Outhit, to ensure that there is a good turnout for the upcoming 3rd Annual Councillor’s Community Clean Up to be held on Saturday, June 25th from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Event starts at Fish Hatchery Park and supplies will be provided by HRM and Clean Nova Scotia. BBQ to follow at Fish Hatchery Park.
3. The Association’s mission is to strive to improve the quality of life for residents and encourage a sense of belonging and pride in our community. On this basis, we are working on several initiatives that are intended to build better neighborhoods and improve the aesthetics of the community.
4. We are still working on increasing our membership and visibility within the community so any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated. Our numbers must increase dramatically before we can adequately represent the community!
5. We could always use more “hands on” members so if you suddenly have some free time, please drop by one of our monthly meetings.
If there is anything you would like to hear more about or see more of on our website, www.bedfordresidentsassociation.ca, please let us know.