Blue-green Algae in Yarmouth County


Residents and visitors in the Forest Glen area of Yarmouth Co. are advised that small blooms of blue-green algae have been spotted in Parr Lake. There is also potential for blooms in the connecting water courses.

The blue-green algae blooms are naturally occurring but can produce toxins. Boiling the water will not eliminate potential toxins.

Contact with the water should be avoided to prevent potential health risks. People should not drink the water, use it to prepare or cook food, or use it to brush teeth.

Recreational use, bathing and showering are not advised. Direct contact with toxins from the algae can cause skin and eye irritation.

People who have ingested water containing toxins from blue-green algae may experience stomach ache, diarrhea, vomiting and nausea. If symptoms persist after a few days, consult a health-care provider.

Pets and other animals should not drink or swim in the water.

More information is available at www.gov.ns.ca/nse/water/docs/BlueGreenAlgae.pdf and
http://novascotia.ca/dhw/environmental/blue-green-algae.asp


Source: Release

Bedford Highway – Road Construction

{style} How To Effortlessly Transform A Dress From Day To Night