**** HRM Media Release
Call for volunteers – Municipal Boards and Committees
The Halifax Regional Municipality is seeking interested residents for a variety of important Regional Council advisory committees and boards.
Citizens interested in connecting with the community are encouraged to apply for these volunteer opportunities no later than Monday, Dec. 2.
Volunteer opportunities (and the number of positions currently open):
- Community Monitoring Committee (2 positions)
- Halifax Regional Library Board (1 position)
- Shubenacadie Canal Commission (1 position)
- Active Transportation Advisory Committee (2 positions)
- Accessibility Advisory Committee (6 positions)
- Community Design Advisory Committee (7 positions)
- Design Review Committee (5 positions)
- Grants Committee (3 positions)
- Investment Policy Advisory Committee (1 position)
- Halifax Peninsula Planning Advisory Committee (4 positions)
- Heritage Advisory Committee (6 positions)
- North West Planning Advisory Committee (4 positions)
- Point Pleasant Park Advisory Committee (4 positions)
- Regional Watersheds Advisory Board (3 positions)
- Taxi and Limousine Liaison Group (5 positions)
- Western Common Advisory Committee (6 positions)
Residents are encouraged to provide additional information that may assist in the selection process, such as a cover letter or resume.
Residents should note all appointments are made in accordance with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council.
For more information on these volunteer opportunities including eligibility requirements or to apply, residents can visit halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees or call the Municipal Clerk’s Office at 902-490-4210.