Police have charged a man and a woman in relation to a shooting that occurred in Halifax this week.
On November 29 at approximately 9:10 p.m. police responded to an assault in progress at a hotel on the Bedford Highway. A man and a woman assaulted and then shot at the victim who was known to them. The victim was treated at the scene for their injuries. Officers arrested the two suspects in the area a short time later.
Anthony Michael Stokes, 49, was scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court yesterday to face one count each of assault and breach of a court order.
Dominique Purdy, 28, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Attempted murder
- Carless use of a firearm
- Discharge a firearm with intent
- Possession weapon dangerous to the public
- Unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Use of firearm in commission of an offence