Police have charged a man in relation to a shooting that occurred in Halifax last year.
At approximately 3:30 a.m. on July 10, 2022, officers responded to a shooting in the 1600 block of Argyle Street. A group of people in the area were in a physical altercation and the suspect shot one of the men in the group. A 22-year-old man was taken to hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Through the course of the investigation a suspect was identified and was arrested by members of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division and the Quick Response Unit on April 14, 2023, in Dartmouth.
Cylin Nathaniel Downey, 31, is scheduled to appear in Halifax provincial court at a later date to face charges of:
- Possession of a prohibited firearm
- Possession of a firearm without a license
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Using a firearm in the commission of an offence
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace
- Careless use of a firearm
- Aggravated assault
- Assault with a weapon
- Discharging a firearm
- Failing to comply with conditions of a court order
- Possession of a firearm while prohibited.