Police have charged a man in relation to a stabbing in Halifax yesterday.
At approximately 12:55 p.m. officers responded to a report of stabbing at a restaurant in the 1800 block of Hollis Street. The customer refused to pay for his meal and cut one of the employees when they approached him. The suspect fled the area on foot but was arrested a short distance away.
Blake Martin Swan, 28, is scheduled to appear in Halifax provincial court today to face charges of:
- Assault causing bodily harm
- Possess weapon dangerous to public peace
- Fraudulently obtaining food
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Failure to comply with condition of release order (x3)