Police have charged two men and a woman after a search of a residence in Bedford last night.
At approximately 8:45 p.m., members of the Quick Response Unit and the Emergency Response Team conducted a traffic stop on the Bedford Highway in relation to an ongoing investigation. Officers arrested a man inside the vehicle without incident.
A short time later, Quick Response Unit members, along with investigators in the Liquor Enforcement Section and the Emergency Response team conducted a search of a residence on Stockton Ridge in Bedford. Investigators arrested a man and a woman inside the residence without incident and seized quantities of cocaine, hash, cannabis, prescription opioids, ammunition, Canadian currency, a prohibited weapon and two loaded firearms.
Darren Hersh Blumenthal, 54, Rebecca Faye Blumenthal, 49, and Dylan Benjamin Blumenthal, 26, are scheduled to appear in Halifax provincial court Monday to face the following charges:
• Careless use of a firearm (x2)
• Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose (x3)
• Unauthorized Possession of a firearm (x2)
• Possession of an unauthorized firearm (x2)
• Unsafe storage contrary to regulations (x2)
• Unauthorized Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized (x2)
• Possession of a weapon knowing it unauthorized (x2)
• Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition (x2)
• Possession of a prohibited device (x2)
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking dilaudid
• Possession for the purpose of distribution
• Possession for the purpose of selling
• Possession, production, use of illicit cannabis