Cumberland County District RCMP has charged a man with firearms offences after an incident on Hwy. 104 in Upper Nappan.
On October 11, 2022, at approximately 12:20 p.m., Cumberland County District RCMP responded to a report of a traffic hazard on Hwy. 104. It was reported that a man, who was frantically waving, was standing on the side of the highway next to a Ford Escape towing a utility trailer. RCMP officers attended and determined that the vehicle was not registered, that the man did not have a driver’s license and that the trailer was stolen. The man was safely arrested and during a search of the vehicle, RCMP officers located and seized a loaded revolver and ammunition.
Jordan Donald Delorey, 25, of Greenwood, has been charged with the following:
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon with Ammunition;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle;
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime;
- Failure to Comply with Conditions of a Release Order.
Delorey was remanded into custody and will appear in Digby Provincial Court today.