The RCMP/HRP Integrated Criminal Investigation Division is investigating a home invasion on March 2 in Fall River.
At 8:25 p.m., Halifax District RCMP responded to a report of an assault with a weapon at a home on Fall River Rd.
When policed arrived, they arrested a suspect, who was being restrained by occupants of the home.
A preliminary investigation determined that three people had been inside the home when two male suspects forced their way through the back door. One of the suspects fled the scene and two occupants were assaulted. The third occupant fled the home to call for help.
The suspect that fled the home is described as black and he possibly could be driving a grey car.The two occupants that were assaulted suffered non life-threatening injuries and were transported to hospital by EHS.
The suspect who was arrested, a 47-year-old man from Halifax, was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Brian Francis Cruickshanks remains in custody and is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court on March 5 at 9:30 a.m. He is charged with:
· Break and Enter and Commit
· Two counts of Assault with a Weapon
· Assault Causing Bodily Harm
· Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
· Possession of a Firearm Knowing it is Unauthorized
· Three counts of Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
· Careless use of a Firearm
· Using a Firearm while Committing an Indictable Offence
· Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Order
The investigation is ongoing and being led by the RCMP/HRP Integrated General Investigation Section of the Criminal Investigation Division.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Halifax District RCMP at 902-490-5020. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Nova Scotia Crime Stoppers toll free at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submit a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca, or use the P3 Tips App.