There was a lot to love about Cougar Town last night, but as always I’ve narrowed it down to my Five Favorite Things. Ready?
- The idea of Andy as mayor delights me almost as much as the idea of Laurie as a political wife. Please, please let this happen. Also, it would fit well with this season of the show, which has featured a lot more major life changes for the characters than we’ve previously seen.
- I enjoyed the stuff with Bobby’s fear of being a racist. Laurie seems like the least likely person to help Bobby – “Today we’re going to fix racism. Hopefully before our burgers come.” – but her heart was in the right place.
- The idea of Travis and Hollie making out was almost as gross to me as the idea of him and Laurie together, but I like the idea of Hollie and Jules bonding a little. I’d be open to seeing more of her and her adorable baby.
- “If there’s anything we’ve learned from Michelle Pfieffer in Dangerous Minds, or Sandy Bullock in The Blind Side, or Hilary Swank in that movie nobody ever saw, is that all you need to fix minority problems is a really pretty white woman.”
- “What’s the maximum sentence?” “Bacon!” #pigtrials