With spring cleaning on many residents’ to-do lists this time of year, Curbside Give Away Weekend is a fantastic opportunity to free up household space and find free stuff.
Give your clutter or re-usable household items a second life by placing items curbside for free this weekend, June 4 and 5.
Curbside Give Away Weekend is held twice annually, during Environment Week and Waste Reduction Week. The goal is to reduce the amount of garbage ending up in the municipal landfill by diverting unwanted items that can be re-used. Reusing and recycling household items instead of discarding them reduces pressures on our municipal facilities and is better for the environment. Plus, you might find great, free items of your own.
Follow these simple steps to participate:
• Place re-usable household items at the curb in front of your home on Friday evening.
• Label your give away items with “FREE” stickers or signs.
• Remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday.
• Consider donating unclaimed items to charitable organizations.
• Place any remaining garbage for collection on your regular garbage day and week. Regular limits and preparation is required.
A reminder to treasure hunters to only pick-up items curbside clearly marked “FREE” during this event.
Curbside Give Away takes place rain or shine; use your discretion when deciding whether or not to put items out to the curb.
Examples of used goods from previous year’s events include: books, CDs and DVDs, furniture and small appliances, sports equipment, toys, tools and construction materials. For more give away ideas and a list of unacceptable items, visit
Source: Media Release