Police have charged a man with weapons offences after an incident in Dartmouth yesterday.
At approximately 2 p.m. police responded to a weapons complaint in the 0-50 block of Medway Court in Dartmouth. A caller observed what appeared to be a person with a handgun damaging a vehicle and then enter a residence on Medway Court. Officers secured the residence and arrested the three adults.
Investigators obtained a warrant, searched the residence and seized a loaded firearm.
Tyvon Gerrad Ritcey, 22, of Dartmouth, is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Unsafe Storage of a firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Possession of a restricted or prohibited firearm with ammunition
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession of a firearm while prohibited (x 2)
- Break and enter with intent
Source: Release #notw