Halifax Regional Police is offering safety tips in response to the recent Canadian release of the popular Pokemon Go app.
At approximately 9:20 p.m. on July 21, HRP issued a man a ticket in the south end of Halifax for operating a motor vehicle while using a cellular device. Through the investigation, officers determined the driver was playing Pokemon Go.
Here are some tips:
- Don’t drive or ride your bike, skateboard, etc. while interacting with the app…you can’t do both safely.
- Pay attention and look where you’re going.
- Play in pairs or as a group to ensure your safety.
- If you’re travelling in an unfamiliar area, make sure you tell someone where you’re going.
- Don’t trespass onto private property
- Have fun AND stay safe!
Source: Media Release