The street closures will be in effect from 11 p.m. tonight through to 6 a.m. Friday morning. Halifax Regional Police will be on-site to assist with traffic control.
Residents are advised to abide by temporary ‘no parking signage’ and remove vehicles from the following streets tonight:
- Lower Water Street (Terminal Road to Upper Water Street ) – both sides
- Ochterloney Street (Maple to Alderney) – both sides
- Queen Street (Alderney to Irishtown Road) – both sides
- Portland Street (Alderney to the 5 corners intersection)
- Province House block (Granville, Prince, Hollis, George) – complete snow removal
Residents are reminded that under Section 139 of the Motor Vehicle Act, vehicles can be ticketed and towed any time of the day or night if they are obstructing snow clearing.
This work will help restore on-street parking in the business districts and ensure emergency vehicles, buses and other traffic can safely access these streets throughout the winter.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. For more information on municipal winter operations, visit www.halifax.ca/snow.
Source: Media Release