Halifax District RCMP’s Street Crime Enforcement Unit has charged a Lower Sackville man with several drug and weapons offences following the search of a home in Lower Sackville last evening.
Following an investigation, a search warrant was obtained for a home on Bruce Dr. Police entered the home at 9:15 p.m. last evening and arrested a 19-year-old man without incident. Police seized cocaine, marijuana, prescription pills, cash, bear spray, and a loaded handgun.
Jeremy Jonathan MacMillan, 19, has been charged with:
- Possession of Marijuana for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Breach of Conditions (x4)
- Possession of a restricted/ Prohibited Weapon with Ammunition
- Possession of a Weapon Obtained by Crime
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm
- Careless Storage of a Firearm Contrary to Regulations
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose (x3)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (x2)
- Possession of a Firearm knowing Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to a Prohibition Order (x3)
MacMillan was held in custody overnight and appeared in Dartmouth Provincial Court today. He will remain in custody until October 14, 2016. The investigation is ongoing.
Source: Media Release