Halifax Regional Police has laid firearm charges in relation to an incident in Dartmouth on the weekend.
On September 4 at approximately 5 a.m. officers responded to a report of a vehicle being driven erratically in the area of Woodland Avenue and Highway 118. Officers stopped the vehicle in the area without incident. They observed a firearm in the vehicle and arrested the driver. A loaded firearm was seized from the vehicle.
Raheem Orlando Munroe, 30, is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth provincial court today face charges of:
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of a firearm in a vehicle
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon or ammo – no license
- Possession of a firearm – no license/certificate
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace
- Deal with a firearm or restricted weapon contrary to regulations
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm contrary to a court order
Anyone with information about illegal firearms is asked to contact police at 902-490-5020. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or via the P3 Tips App.