Fire investigators have ended their investigation into a mid-afternoon fire that took place April 3rd in Eastern Passage.
The fire happened at 1667 Caldwell Rd on the top floor of on unit of a duplex. Fire crews from several stations were dispatched as well as RCMP and EHS.
Fire crews found a working fire in a bedroom and were able to contain it quickly. Crews then began to search for possible hot spots in both the main unit and adjoining home. No further problems were found.
There was one injury reported from this event.
Fire Investigators were called in shortly after fire crews secured the home. They determined the fire to have been caused in a bedroom from lighter fluid and classed the fire as accidental.