Police have charged a man with firearm offences in relation to an investigation in Dartmouth on Sunday morning.
On October 16 at approximately 1:15 a.m. police received a report of three men entering driveways and trying the handles of motor vehicles in the area of The Horseshoe in Dartmouth. Officers arrived on scene and arrested three men in the area matching the description of the suspects. One of the men was found to be in possession of a loaded firearm.
Wyatt Joseph Ross, 19, was scheduled to appear yesterday in Dartmouth Provincial Court to face charges of:
- Unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition
The other two men were released at the scene without charges.
Officers seized a quantity of property that is believed to have been stolen. Anyone who believes their property may have been stolen from their vehicle is encouraged to file a report with police.
Anyone with information in relation to these incidents or video from the area is asked to call police at 902-490-5020. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or by using the P3 Tips app.