At approximately 2:05 pm on December 11th Halifax Regional Police responded to a residence in the 0-100 block of Robert Dr in Dartmouth to assist EHS paramedics with an unresponsive man who had ingested Fentanyl.
The 24 year old man was stabilized by EHS paramedics and transported to hospital and his condition is believed to be improving.
Due to the dangers that Fentanyl exposure poses, the residence was secured and HRP Forensic Identification Section members, properly protected and trained in Chemical Biological Radiological and Nuclear event response collected and stabilized the remaining Fentanyl found inside so that it can be properly disposed of. HRP was assisted by members of the HRFES Hazmat response team. All first responders have now cleared the area.
Source: Media Release