So, this is my very first attempt of smoky eyes. Yeah, I never did a smoky before, have always been intimidated by blacks. I put all the products from Annabelle Best of Black collection to work, to see if I can conquer the intimidation.
– Annabelle Smoothie eyeshadow pencil in Licoriche as smoky base
– Annabelle Zebra trio eyeshadow in Tropic Thunder – the teal/ aqua shade – on top of Licoriche base
– Annabelle Liquid eyeliner in Black Spark on upper lash lines
– Annabelle Glitterama in Blast Off on top of Black Spark on the outer corners
– Annabelle Smoothliner in Metal Daze on the lower lash lines
– Annabelle Le Big Show mascara in Black.
The rest of the face:
– MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC37, mixed with Vichy Dermablend Corrective foundation in Sand
– Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in Crush with Annabelle volumelip in Iced Spice on top
– Marcelle Multi-colour Face Powder in Luminous Veil, the top 2 shades for brow bone highlight, the bottom 3 shades for blush
– Annabelle Zebra Bronzing powder in Haute Gold.
It didn’t turn out too bad/ scary, for someone at the snob level like me. The teal was darkened quite a lot, which I liked in this case. I meant to wear this look at daytime, so I didn’t too crazy with the black base nor the liner.
Wish the silver sparkles showed up a bit better in the pics, they were really fun to add to the look. If I still in my party phase back in my 20’s, these blacks “with an edge” would get a lot of uses, I tell you.
Trying to look serious here 🙂 When I started this blog, the bf said I would be fine as long as I stayed anonymous with it. Guess where it lead me to two years after, thanks to the blog’s growth and the access to wonderful makeup products in the market. I’m still not confident with my skin issues, and as the blog grows, I also grow (older) as well, but well it’s my blog, might as well go crazy with it while I still can.
Hope the blog has been a fun read for you guys. I sure have fun working on it, it take my mind off things when I need an escape. Well, a vacation to somewhere warm and sunny is still on the top of the list, but blogging is always a little cheer at the end of a long day. It keeps me sane.
What’s your favorite smoky eyes? Do you wear blacks a lot? If you are Canadian, are you impressed with the amount of new products Annabelle/ Marcelle comes out with?
Oh on that topic, Marcelle has finally set up their online store shipping within Canada ($8 or free with $50 orders, right now shipping is free with $25 orders – limited time only). For the US, it’d cost more to ship ($20) but at least you now have an option to shop. We can always CP for you too 🙂 I’m hoping Annabelle will soon join the online site too, no words on that yet though.