After showing you the new Annabelle Smoothie eyeshadow pencils, I couldn’t wait to share with you my favorite way to wear them – as eyeliners. I know with the fabulous colours that they are, they deserve to be worn as eyeshadows. But this is a “lazy Sunday” look, I didn’t want to do any complicated blending. Just glide them on and go, it was just a trip outside for Squirt to ride her bike anyway, lol.
What I used:
– Maybelline EyeStudio eyeshadow in Ivy Icon as lid colour
– Annabelle Smoothie eyeshadow pencil in Acaidasiac on the upper lash line and Licoriche on the lower lash line
– Annabelle Le Big Show mascara (new, review to come)
– L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base as primer
– Maybelline Fit Me foundation in 310 (SPF18)
– Cover Fx Setting Fx translucent mineral powder
– Annabelle Zebra bronzing powder in Haute Gold
– Annabelle lip liner in Jazz, with lip balm on top.
Just as how I remember, the Smoothies wore awesomely well. It took no effort at all to put them on along the lash lines and be done. I smudged out Licorice a bit quickly after I applied it, and when it set, it didn’t go anywhere. And neither did Acaidasiac. They are so smooth that no tugging/ pulling was needed.
So, before you get all fed up with me, let me just say once more, these Smoothies are the bomb. They are great for lazy days and travelling, with multiple uses. I skipped a blush with this look, but if there is a Smoothie in hot pink or coral/ peach colour, all grounds cover.
The only thing you need with these pencils is a good pencil sharpener that accommodates jumbo size. Remove the little plastic circle at the top to fit the pencil in right, if you need to. The pencils don’t have the twist and turn mechanism, so we go all school with them.
Here are the closeup shots. Told you before, I suck with liquid eyeliners, so pencils like these sure help with my unsteady hand. Wings, smoky effects, simple liner looks, etc. There’s no limitation to what you can use the Smoothies for.
We are having one of those chilly summer day around here today. I felt it waking up, which wasn’t a nice thing. But I won’t complain, will take whatever the weather brings Have a great day!