You have heard a few times that I was not born with natural pink lips, and my lips always alter the colours of bright lipsticks when I put them on. Yes, there is the concealer method which I hate, or the lip liner method which requires some colour matching, I am not content.
Last week, I accidentally found a better way to change all this. I had a lip tint on at the beginning of the day under a lip gloss. After lunch, the stain faded a bit but was still visible, so I added some lipstick on top and bam!!!
Here I am wearing:
– Joe Fresh lip tint in Bubble Gum
– Marcelle Rouge Xpression lipstick in Paris Rose.
Paris Rose is one of the best shades from the Rouge Xpression line at Marcelle, and now I can spot its true colour. Yay!
For the face, I have:
– Cetaphil Daily facial moisturizer SPF50
– 100% Pure Luminous primer
– Revlon Colorstay foundation in Warm Golden
– boxx cosmetics cream corrector in Amber
– Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Sheerest cream blush in Sunrise.
This is also a FOTD to follow up with the boxx cosmetics cream corrector I reviewed yesterday.
On the eyes:
– Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
– L’Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Bronze Divine in the outer corners
– Annabelle Custom Quad eyeshadow in Helium as brow bone highlight
– Annabelle Smoothie eyeshadow pencil in Down 2 Earth and Gosh Velvet Touch eyeliner in Banana.
It was a lazy Sunday, I didn’t want to do much for the eyes. Maybelline Bad to the Bronze has been the go to lid colour for times like this. It looks very natural on, like “my lids but better”. I think I like it even better than Tough as Taupe. Backup worthy!
And back to the lip tint method, I’m content now. I’ll be experimenting with lip stains as well, as they are close in finish. Joe Fresh lip tints feel a little less drying and more comfortable on the lips, and don’t have the alcohol-like scent. Bubble Gum actually smells good (and light, not over powering).
I’m excited to play more with my bright lipsticks for the season to come. Feel free to share your tips to wear them, I’d love to learn.