It has been a really long time that I did a FOTD for the blog due to random breakouts. Now things calm down a little, so here I am.
These pics were taken outside on an overcast day, no flash. The colours were a lot more vibrant than how they looked here. What’s new huh?
The featured products are from Lush’s Emotional Brilliance line that I reviewed yesterday:
– Focus on the inner half of the lids, very subtle
– Motivation as liner on the upper lids, vibrant and lovely
– Perspective on the lips, looks like a pinky nude on me.
I was going for a smoky eye look with toned down lips but by the way it looks here, it could be a neutral, work safe look too. I want tell you to click to enlarge the pics, but at the same time I don’t really want to show you my flaws up close lol.
Other products used:
– Eye base: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Fierce & Tangy. It is sheer, did not affect the eyeshadow colours on top
– Eyeshadows: Annabelle Hawaian Hues palette (champagne as brow bone highlight, green and black on the outer corners)
– Eyebrow: Avon Ultra Luxury brow liner in Dark Brown
– Lower lash line liners: Annabelle Smoothie eyeshadow pencil in Absinthe-minded and Annabelle Smudge liner in Foxy Grey
– Mascara: L’Oreal Double Extend with Lash Boosting serum in Blackest Black
– Primer: Vichy Normaderm Hydrating Acne care (review coming soon)
– Foundation: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation in 300 Sand, lighten by Marcelle Matte Finish in Almond. I have ended up with a few foundations that are darker than my skin tone, so mixing is a must
– Blush: Sally Hansen Natural Beauty sheerest cream blush in Sunrise. Still trying to finish this up so I can move on to new blushes
– Setting powder: CoverFx Setting Fx. This step was actually not necessary with the primer I used, it was a habit to use a powder without thinking.
Close up on the eyes to do a (weak) justice to the eyeliner. It is a gorgeous teal shade that makes your eyes pop. You all know I am not good at applying liquid liners, but I didn’t do too bad with this one. It last well on my lids till the end of the day, no smudging/ flaking/ fading.
Bonus pic: crazy hair when the wind was not playing in my favour when I manage a smile of some sort Told you I don’t look good when I smile.
That’s it for my “glamorous” comeback of FOTD. The Emotional Brilliance line is a nice addition to Lush’s product offers. I would suggest lots of swatching in store before you commit to a shade or two.
I realize that I haven’t heard much from you all on the blog lately, so what have you been up to? This week has been such a blur to me, I can’t wait for the long weekend to recharge.
There won’t be much of a Thanksgiving celebration for us this weekend with no family around, so we might end up eating tofu instead of turkey. Squirt started to question my diet choice lately, not that there’s anything wrong with tofu lol.