This is my Lunar New Year FOTD. Since Chinese aren’t the only people who celebrate the switch of lunar calendar, I found the “Happy Chinese New Year” cheer is exclusive, but I digress.
In honour of the Year of the Snake, I tried this little evil look, channeling lots of reds and a crazy blush. Good thing I didn’t have anywhere to go with this makeup on
Products used on the face:
– Sunscreen: La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL cream SPF60
– Serum: Vichy LiftActiv Serum 10 – review coming soon
– Moisturizer: L’Occitane Immortelle Precious cream
– Foundation: Avon Ideal Flawless foundation in Medium Beige
– Concealer: Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Medium
– Blush: The Body Shop blush trio in Warm Sunset (the darkest shade in the trio)
– Brow liner: Annabelle Skinny brow liner in Universal Medium
– Lipstick: Color Sensational Vivid lipsticks in On Fire Red all over, with Vivid Rose dabbed in the middle (a tip by Grace Lee, again).
Red is considered good luck on the first day of the new year, I hope it works Gotta say On Fire Red is an awesome red, the blue tone in it works in my teeth’s favour too.
For the eyes:
– Eyeshadow base: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink
– Eyeshadows: Elf Brightening quad in Glam (all 3 shades except the sparkly black), topped with Annabelle Glitterama liquid eyeliner in Atomic Red for some evil sparkles, muahahaha
– Eye liners: Annabelle Smoothie eyeshadow pencil in Mokamirage in the inner corner, Annabelle Smudgeliner in Chichi Girl in the outer corner and upper lash line
– Mascara: L’Oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator mascara in Black Quartz.
This is one of those rare occasions that I could wear pink eyeliner, a red eyeliner would vamp up the look even more. Do they make red eyeliners?
This angle shows you the blush craziness. I did use a heavier hand with a darker blush colour. This proves that it’s not hard to go overboard with your blush lol.
How did your weekend go? Because of the blizzard, Squirt and I couldn’t go anywhere until Monday. People had to dig through the snowdrifts that covered their car, driveway, even main door. So much for New Year celebration. Then the snow started to melt, the whole town is a slushy and slippery mess today.
It was a miracle that I only made one online order while staying in. No brands wanted to offer a Lunar New Year sale, so my wallet was safe. But I just found an awesome online deal, will tell you all tomorrow
What did you wear, makeup wise, on Lunar New Year, if you celebrate it? If not, any fun look you did for the weekend?