This was a cold and windy Fall morning in Halifax where the temp was close to 0 and pretty snowflakes flowing in the air. I braved the weather taking FOTD pics for you with no hat or mitts, only last about 5 minutes outside
Featuring products from the tarte Carried Away Collectors set:
– The second quad down on the left: Pebble Beach in the inner corners, Spanish Sangria as a transition colour, Boston Brick all over the lids and Napa Grapes in the crease
– Maracuja lip gloss in Ali (no lip liner or lipstick underneath)
– Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blush in Adventurous with a fluffy brush. The blush looked pretty intense here but trust me, I only slightly dabbed the brush twice and applied on both cheeks on one go. I wanted to see how far this blush could take me, and you see it was pretty far
– Lights, Camera, Lashes! 4-In-1 mascara
– Amazonian Clay finishing powder, using the Blushing Beauty Domed Blush brush that comes with the set, with dabbing and sweeping motions (despite the suggested usage for a blush).
Other products used:
– Hourglass No28 primer serum as both moisturizer and primer
– tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage balancing foundation SPF15 in Tan
– Cover Fx Conceal Fx Camouflage concealer in Light
– Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Too Cool as eye base
– Sephora + Pantone Universe Foil waterproof eyeliners in Rose Gold and Purple
– Yves Rocher eyebrow pencil in Brown.
If I haven’t stressed enough, tarte Carried Away is really a great makeup set with almost everything you would need for a look (or many), and like I mentioned before, with so many options of colour combinations. If tarte needs some suggestions, I would prefer a foundation instead of a brush (as one brush is not enough, and I would bring a brush set separately anyway), and maybe replace half of the glosses with lipsticks for texture and finish variety.
Close up on the eyes, lips and cheeks. This look is a little different than what I normally wear, but it was fun to do. Hard not to when I had the right “tool”
Updates on my vacation: it has been a week, I have been eating and relaxing well. Sleeping is still a little out of sync due to jet lag but nothing to complain about. Just spent two days at a beach resort with the family, the weather has been great (i.e. not too hot nor rainy). I miss interacting with everybody on here and twitter though, and miss the holiday spirit in the air too. Haven’t shopped since the day I left either, that doesn’t sound like me, does it? Hope you all are doing well.