I have a subtle holiday look for you 🙂 Green eyes, red lips fit the theme right?
From Yves Rocher shimmery holiday collection which inspired the look, I used:
– Eye pencils in Silver and Green on the lower lash line
– Glitter mascara in Silver (on top of Yves Rocher Volume Elixir mascara in Black).
I did layer on about 3-4 coats of it but the silver was only (barely) visible on my left eye
– Mirror-shine gloss in Sparkling Coral (on top of NYX Purple Rain lip liner). I can’t wear it by itself, so layering worked best.
I skipped the blush in this look, the bronzer did the job just fine.
Most other products stayed the same:
– Marcelle Ideal Skin perfector
– Maybelline Baby Skin Instant pore eraser
– It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eyes full coverage concealer in Neutral Medium
– Maybelline Mineral Power foundation in Pure Beige
– Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk as base
– Wet n Wild Color Icon brow & eye liners in Taupe and Dark Brown.
With my eyes opened, the silver mascara was hardly visible anymore. I’d go for some glitters on the lids instead of a glitter mascara next time.
On the other hand, I love how the Green eye pencil gave a pop of colour on my lower lash line, matching the Subtle Aquatic quad.
Considering how beautiful the colour tone and packaging of the Summer collection were, I kinda wish the holiday items were more candy to the eyes. I do enjoy the colours of the eye pencils, and they are sparkly, but they could be more 🙂 And maybe more pigmented lip glosses too!
So, 2/3 of October has gone by, I don’t even know how. My calendar is full of notes of product release dates which I try to keep up with. Not to buy them all necessary, but I like to be in the know.
While we are on that topic, I found new product news do not get much attention from you guys like before anymore. Maybe it was just me that got excited about things like that 🙂
I did not receive usual holiday makeup items to review this year, so less pressure on the blog, but life will still be a whirlwind until after New Year.