RCMP/HRP Integrated Criminal Investigation Division has charged four people in relation to the seizure of firearms in Cole Harbour.
Yesterday, at approximately 5 a.m., the RCMP/HRP Integrated Criminal Investigation’s Integrated Special Enforcement Section, assisted by the RCMP’s Emergency Response Team and the HRP Emergency Response Team, executed a search warrant at a home on John Stewart Dr. in relation to an ongoing firearms investigation.
At the residence, police safely arrested three men and one woman. A search of the property then resulted in the seizure of a shotgun, a rifle, two handguns, ammunition, magazines, over a pound of cocaine, drug paraphernalia, electronic devices and over $60,000 in cash.
The individuals arrested have been charged with:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (Cocaine) for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possess, produce, sell, import or transport anything intending that it will be used to produce a controlled substance or traffic in a controlled substance
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Laundering Proceeds of Crime
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose (four counts)
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (four counts)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized (four counts)
- Possession of Weapon Obtained by the Commission of an Offence (four counts)
- Careless Storage of a Firearm (four counts)
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition (two counts)
- Possess a Firearm Knowing that the Serial Number has been Altered, Defaced or Removed
Three of the four people were held in custody and will appears in Dartmouth Provincial Court today:
- Emma Joan Findlay, 21, of Dartmouth
- Matteo Warnell Simmonds, 18, of Cole Harbour
- Traco Warnell Simmonds, 46, of Cole Harbour
While the fourth person, Dante Warnell Cromwell, 25, of Cole Harbour, was remanded into custody and will appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court on October 3, 2023, at 9:30 a.m.