If you haven’t indulged already, Lancome is having a GWP promotion at the Bay.
With a Lancome purchase of $35 or more, you’ll get a free 8-piece gift, values up to $178.
Yeah, take a deep breath to take it all in! The gift is beautiful and customized to you.
I was generously sent the gift pack to show you the options you can choose from. Keep reading for the breakdown 🙂
This is the red cosmetic bag with it, very luxurious looking with the embossed rose pattern. You can choose the dark blue if red is not your colour.
I was also sent the Dream Tone Ultimate Dark Spot corrector for Pigmentation Profile 1 – Fair skin tone. I have heard good things about this product, but we’ll see if the shade works for me 🙂
Now where were we? Ah, the gift 🙂 Like I mentioned, there are choices for you to make to suit your taste/ preferences.
First is the choice of serum & skin care duo:
– The purples: Renergie Lift Multi-action Reviva concentrate (10ml) & Renergie Lift Multi-action Lifting and Firming cream (15ml)
– The teal & white: Visionaire [LR2412 4%] Advanced skin corrector (7ml) & Absolute Premium βx Absolute Replenishing cream (15ml).
Make sure to talk to the SAs to choose the right products for your skin.
Next, choices for perfumed body lotion – La Vie est Belle or Tresor (60ml each).
Tresor is classic when it comes to Lancome’s fragrances, at least to me. But I did splurge on the La Vie est Belle gift set before, because it’s newer.
So if it’s up to me, I’d pick La Vie est Belle body lotion. The size is a bit bigger than the one that came in the set, but is still travel friendly.
I can’t wear fragrances to work (scent free policy), so I opt for wearing a scent to bed. These lotions would work for that purpose too.
Choices of makeup duo:
– Color Design 5 shadow and liner palette in Taupe Craze and Color Design Sensational Effects lip color in Pale Lip
– Color Design 5 shadow and liner palette in Petal Pusher and Juicy Tubes gloss in Raspberry Ice.
The lip product is a tough choice. I am not typically a gloss girl, but Pale Lip is quite nude looking. If Raspberry Ice is pigmented, I’d be happy.
Both eyeshadow palettes are shimmery, Petal Pusher more than Taupe Craze. I don’t see much matte at Lancome in general anyway.
2 more items in the gift:
– Bi Facil Double action eye makeup remover (50ml) and
– Hypnose Star mascara (4g).
Bi Facil doesn’t need any introduction? Mascara wise, I tried the original Hypnose but not Hypnose Star, so this would be fun 🙂
If you want either version of the gift, make your purchase by Sunday, November 3, in store or online. The gift did go OOS online last week (back now), yes it was popular.
Estee Lauder has a fun (and LE) PWP at the Bay too, available in store and online.
With any Estee Lauder purchase, you can buy the Colour Portfolio palette for $40 (values over $245, left in the pic). I went straight to the store to buy it, as the SA told me they only got about 15 of them. Didn’t want to risk missing it.
The Holiday collection was out already, with its festive packaging. I decided to go with the Delectable Eyes set in Decadent Truffles ($42.50). The red box and polka dotted packaging theme definitely kill it!
There were a few other sets from the collection too, if you haven’t seen them.
Decadent Truffles has:
– Pure Color eyeshadow compact (0.17oz/ 5g) with polka dots on the lid. The colours are Sandbar Beige, Lavish Mink and Wild Sable, all matte, yay!
– Double Wear Stay in Place Flawless Wear concealer in Light Medium (only 1 shade available, 0.06oz/ 1.9ml)
– Pure Color Intense Kajal eyeliner in Blackened Black (0.039oz/ 1.11g)
– Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume mascara in Extreme Black (0.27oz/ 8ml, full sized) and a polka dotted makeup bag.
The Colour Portfolio looks really nice in person, and is bigger than I thought. It has:
– 30 Pure Color eyeshadows (0.01oz/ 0.35g each)
– 11 Pure Color Long Lasting lipsticks and 4 Pure Color Crystal lipsticks (0.009oz/ 0.28g each)
– 3 Pure Color blushes (0.22oz/ 6.4g each) and 1 Bronze Goddess powder bronzer (0.21oz/ 6.1g)
– 2 Pure Color glosses (0.16oz/ 4.6ml each)
– a Pure Color Intense Kajal eyeliner duo (0.067oz/ 1.9g)
– Brush applicators, a mirror and 2 face charts.
The fold-in cardboard packaging in dark blue tone, with magnetic closure and stars all over the front, is very eye catching. The box is quite heavy too 🙂
The first flap has the mirror (took half the size) and 2 face charts at the bottom. The other two flaps both have the plastic covers with shade names (and finishes for the eyeshadows) printed on them. 2 glosses and the eyeliner are strapped in between flaps.
The Pure Color eyeshadows are in satin, shimmer and matte finishes. Interestingly, there are a few shades without the finishes noted, I’m not sure why. The size of each shadow is a bit small, but it is a trade-off with the number of shades you get, I guess. Lots of lighter shades, not enough dark ones, which is my only complain so far 🙂
The Pure Color glosses – Praline Paradise and Fuchsia Fantasy – are shimmery and festive, by the look of them.
Some brush applicators are included, but we all know we won’t touch those unless we are in a pinch while travelling. I appreciate the plastic covers that help minimize contamination to the lip products on the other side. Powder and cream, you know what is waiting to happen!
The Pure Color Long Lasting and Pure Color Crystal lipsticks come in a good range of colours. Again, small size.
The Bronze Goddess powder bronzer in Medium (top left of the quad) has visible shimmers in the pan. The 3 Pure Color blushes – Sensuous Rose, Peach Passion and Pink Kiss – don’t seem to have shimmers, but I haven’t swatched them yet to confirm.
The Pure Color Intense Kajal eyeliner duo is in Blackened Black and Blackened Cocoa, good size, safe/ standard colours.
All in all, this is a good palette to get first dip of the Pure Color range offered by Estee Lauder, which I can’t say I have tried a lot.
It is a bit heavy to travel with, but it does have almost all colours you need for the face. I’ll have to swatch the shades to confirm the quality.