**** HRP Media Release
Halifax Regional Police officer criminally charged
Halifax Regional Police (HRP) today charged 42-year-old Constable Jennifer McPhee in relation to a theft that occurred last month in Halifax.
On September 13, HRP received a report regarding a theft involving an HRP officer at a local store. The officer was arrested and released that evening on an appearance notice. The officer was suspended with pay in accordance with the Nova Scotia Police Act. The officer’s name was not released at the time as charges had not been sworn due to the ongoing investigation.
Investigators with the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division have charged Cst. McPhee with one count each of the following:
- Careless use of a firearm (CC 86(1))
- Contravention of storage regulations (CC 86(2))
- Carrying a concealed weapon (CC 90(1))
- Unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm (CC 91(1))
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition (CC 95(1))
- Theft under $5,000 (CC 334(B))
- Disguise with intent (CC 351(2)
Cst. McPhee, who has over 17 years of service with HRP, remains suspended with pay in accordance with the Nova Scotia Police Act.