Most shows wrapped up a couple weeks ago, but Happy Endings and …Apartment 23 were still new on Tuesday. Both were hilarious.
Happy Endings – “No-Ho-Ho”
This was a classic, classic episode of Happy Endings – you can add it to my list of must-watch holiday TV episodes for sure. Jane, a Christmas baby, had been lying since childhood and celebrating her birthday in July. Can you blame her? Christmas birthdays are the worst. The gang’s attempt to postpone Christmas and instead celebrate Jane’s birthday led to much joy.
- Penny’s “Oh, we’re not all sharing stuff?
- Jane: “A summer birthday really matches my easy breezy vibe.”
Dave: “Easy breezy vibe? I thought you had more of a dead of winter, girl with the dragon tattoo, Sarsgaard Murderhouse vibe.”
- “I didn’t vote for Obama because I didn’t respect his March Madness bracket!”
- “I took control of my destiny. I changed my birthday. I am Queens Boulevard.”
- The last thirty seconds of dancing with hip-hop Santa. Get me a hip-hop Santa, someone!
Don’t Trust The B—- In Apartment 23 – “A Weekend in the Hamptons”
Everything about this episode worked, even though it was a season one hold-over. Chloe rushing June out of the apartment like it was an emergency evacuation was the perfect setup – they were actually going away for a weekend in the Hamptons to help James get over his DWTS loss. June’s idea of a weekend in the Hamptons was all farmers’ markets and fishermen sweaters, while Chloe’s was sleeping with the modern-day Gatsby. There were loads of laugh-out-loud moments, but none made me happier than this:
New favorite thing to say.