I admit it, most of my attempts at cooking become food fiascos. But I have one tried and true recipe that I can always count on to come out perfect so that I can take it to potlucks or serve it as a side dish for guests.
Meet my version of Hash Brown Casserole.
I’m not sure where this recipe came from but it’s been in my family for years and years. It’s a classic. So I thought I’d share it with you in advance of Easter Weekend in case you’re looking for an easy, tasty side dish or you have a crew you need to feed.
- 1 package of frozen hash browns
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup (or Cream of Mushroom if you’re serving vegetarians)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (sometimes I use Low fat, sometimes I don’t)
- 2 cups crushed Corn Flakes
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients (except for Corn Flakes and melted butter) in a bowl and mix well.
- Press mixed ingredients into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Cover with Corn Flakes and drizzle with butter.
- Bake for 45 minutes.