Thousands of health care administrative professionals are invited to join lunch-hour pickets being held at hospitals province-wide on Monday, September 25th between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
These workers are calling attention to the fact that their contract will be three years expired this October, they are among the lowest-paid health care workers in Atlantic Canada, and their employers and government have offered them a wage package that equates to a pay cut.
Locations are as follows (look for red t-shirts and union flags):
- Halifax, University Avenue (in front of the Dickson entrance)
- Dartmouth, Dartmouth General Hospital
- Cape Breton, Cape Breton Regional Hospital
- Truro, Colchester East Hants Health Centre
- Windsor, Hants Community Hospital
- Kentville, Valley Regional Hospital
- Bridgewater, South Shore Regional Hospital
- Yarmouth, Yarmouth Regional Hospital
- Antigonish, St. Martha’s Regional Hospital
- New Glasgow, Aberdeen Hospital
- Amherst, Cumberland Colchester Hospital
NSGEU President Sandra Mullen will be present at the University Avenue site; CUPE Nova Scotia President Nan McFadgen and CUPE Local 8920 President Bev Strachan will be present at Aberdeen Regional Hospital in New Glasgow; Chief Negotiator Karen MacKenzie will be present at Colchester East Hants Regional Hospital; and Unifor’s Susan Gill will be present at the Cape Breton Regional Hospital.