Hey Halifax- Another event to warm your heart during this never-ending winter…
The 2nd Annual H(eat)ing Up Halifax! will take place from Sunday, February 22 to Saturday, February 28, 2009. This exciting one-week event pits restaurants against one another in a competition to sell the most “hot bowls” in support of the Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia.
Restaurants competing to H(eat) up Halifax include:
- 44 North at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront where they’ll be cooking up Pulled Pork Chili with a Dragon’s Breath Biscuit
- Bluenose II Restaurant will give you a true taste ot Maritime flavour with the “Hot Bowl” of Clam Chowder
- Granite Brewery on Barrington Street will be serving Chili
- Milano’s Ristorante will be serving their Winter Harvest Soup
- Casino Nova Scotia has a favorite with Chicken Noodle Soup
- Press Gang, the 2008 H(eat)ing up Halifax! winner, will be serving a three onion and sherry soup with Fontina topped crostini.
Visit any of the participating restaurants during the week of February 22 to February 28 and order their designated “Hot Bowl” (soup, chili, chowder) and $5 will be donated to the Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia for every bowl served.
To learn more about H(eat)ing up Halifax and the Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia, please call (902) 422-7961, or 1-800-611-6345 (outside metro), email email@example.com or visit our website at http://www.alzheimer.ns.ca/.