**** RCMP Media Release
High Risk Offender Notification, South Brookfield, Queens County, N.S.
Nova Scotia RCMP is advising all citizens, particularly those in the South Brookfield area of Queens County, of the release of a high risk offender.
Scott Desrosiers, 53, was released from the Jamieson Community Correctional Centre in Dartmouth on December 24, 2019 after completing a sentence for sexual offences. He initially resided in New Brunswick however has had his parole conditions changed, and relocated to Queens County in December. He has a criminal record dating back to 1989 that includes convictions for two counts of Aggravated Sexual Assault, two counts of Theft, Forcible Confinement, Break and Enter, and Uttering Threats. He is described as white, 6-foot-1 and 186 pounds, with hazel eyes and brown hair.
Desrosiers is subject to a number of conditions, including:
- No association with individuals with a criminal record
- No possession of weapons, and no possession of knives or sharp instruments outside the home
- No consumption of possession of alcohol or non prescription drugs, or prescription drugs not prescribed to him
- No entry to businesses where alcohol is sold or consumed or is the primary source of business
- No direct communication with past victims or family members of past victims
- No personal or romantic relationships without prior notification to police
This information is provided to alert members of the public of his presence in our community so they may take suitable precautionary measures. The RCMP is warning that any form of vigilante activity or other unreasonable conduct will not be tolerated.