Government of Canada release:
Honda has issued a recall for its EU7000is Portable Generators due to a potential fire hazard. The fuel cap on these generators may not seal properly, leading to possible fuel or vapor leakage. This poses a significant risk as leaked fuel or vapor can ignite, causing fires. If you own or use this model, it’s crucial to be aware of this issue and take the recommended precautions detailed below.
- Product: Honda EU7000is Portable Generators
- Problem: Risk of fire due to fuel leakage
- Action Needed: Stop using and get a free repair
- Sold In: Canada
- Sale Period: December 2022 to May 2023
- Made In: India
Details: Honda has recalled its EU7000is Portable Generators because of a fire hazard. The fuel cap might not seal correctly, which can cause fuel or its vapor to leak.
How to Identify the Recalled Product:
- Color: Red and gray
- Size: About 33 inches long, 28 inches wide, and 28 inches high.
- Labels: “Honda” and “EU7000is” printed on the side.
- Serial Numbers: EEJD-1365339 to EEJD-1365644 (found inside the access door).
What Should You Do?
- Stop using the generator immediately.
- Contact an authorized Honda dealer for a free repair. If you bought one, Honda might already be reaching out to you.
- For more details, call Honda Canada at 1-888-9HONDA9 (1-888-946-6329) between 9 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday. Or, visit Honda’s website and click on “Recalls and Updates”.
- As of now, no incidents or injuries have been reported in Canada.
- It’s illegal in Canada to sell or give away recalled products.
- If you’ve had any safety issues with this product, report it using the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
- This recall is also listed on the OECD Global Portal on Product Recalls. Check there for more global recalls.