The Halifax Regional Youth Program is for youth who wish to build leadership skills and take an active role in their community. The program provides volunteer opportunities for both youthand adults.
Halifax Regional Police Youth Program is open to all regardless of economic situation, race, or religion; however, there are certain requirements which must be met. All potential youth applicants must meet the following criteria in order to apply.
- 14 to 18 years of age
- No criminal record and good moral character.
- Enrolled in an approved educational institution and maintain an acceptable (pass) academic standing — or successfully completed Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Successfully complete and submit all application forms
- Successfully pass HRP/YP screening & training
- Have an interest in law enforcement and community
Under some circumstances exceptions can be made. Please contact Volunteer Services if you do not meet all of the requirements.
As a member of Halifax Regional Police Youth Program, you will:
- attend regular meetings on Thursday evenings in Dartmouth
- take part in activities throughout the year. Activities can be educational, community-related or recreational, and include presentations by guest speakers, field trips, camping trips, traffic control, Police Week, fingerprinting clinics, mascot appearances, bike rodeos, bike patrols, parades, concerts and more.
How can I become involved?
Complete and submit the pplication package toHRP Volunteer Programs.
Source: Media Release