1-1.5 lbs ground turkey or beef
1 egg beaten
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup bread crumbs
1 small onion diced
3 tbsp ketchup
¼ tsp dry mustard
salt and pepper
¼ cup milk or cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg, rolled oats, bread crumbs, diced onion, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
3. Lightly grease muffin pans with spray or butter
4. Fill muffin cups with turkey mixture and press slightly to flatten
5. Bake for approx. 20-25 mins or until brown and slightly shrunken on the sides
6. While turkey is cooking, peel, chop and boil potatoes in lightly salted water until tender
7. Drain potatoes and add milk and 1-2 tbps of butter. Mash until well blended and smooth.
8. To prepare the cupcake place the turkey muffin on a plate and top with a scoop of mashed potato
9. Use your imagination for the “sprinkles” on top: chopped chives, grated cheese, coarse black pepper, shredded carrots…we used Roasted Maple Flax Seeds from Omega Crunch (a great local company)– so yummy!
Our kids giggled their way through eating these – hope it makes your dinner a little less stressful too!