We’re members of a group called Independent Fashion Bloggers, which is a really fantastic community and resource for anyone with a fashion blog. Each week, members can submit their best posts to be considered for an edited round-up of links. This week’s Links à la Mode includes us! Yay! You’ve probably already read about Ally’s Big Day Downtown, so here’s your chance to check out what other fashion bloggers have to offer. Enjoy!
Jealousy, Race, and Summer Jackets
Edited by: Thom Wong of The Sunday Best.
A veritable cornucopia of stylish reading awaits you in this week’s list. You’ll get taken on a tour of (rarely mentioned) downtown Halifax, discuss again whether any role model should be based on image, and look into doing the impossible with a dying medium. Along the way discover what tips men might have for women’s style, whether a closet can be perfectly unisex, and what Mormons might know about minimalism.
Links à la Mode: August 5th
- Amanda Lee: Avoiding Fashion Impulse Buys
- All Tumbled Down: Reflections on a year of no shopping
- An Early Life Crisis: Project 27 Completed!
- Beyond Fabric: Work appropriate: tips for being presentable at conservative workplaces
- Broke and Beautiful: You smell different.
- Clothed Much: How to create a minimalist closet
- Fashionable People, Questionable Things: Big Day Downtown: A Roundup of our shopping trip in downtown Halifax.
- Frenchleave: Who wants to wear a summer jacket
- Guacamole and Toast: An interview with The Impossible Project’s Florian Kaps
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: How to take your own outfit photos
- Mariel’s Castle: A case of unisex
- The Demoiselles: Women in the Media: Adele
- Stylish Thought: Losing Out Essence: Issues of Race in Fashion
- Modly Chic: Friend Friday: Blogger Jealousy
- Oranges and Apple German magazine bans professional models – nine months on
- Sparkle Birds: Sunday’s Best
- Sugar and Spice: Christina Hendricks: curvy role model or another unattainable ideal?
- The Coveted: Three essential beauty products under $20
- The Sunday Best: Copy Fail | Gap CORE
- The Very Subjective: The Style Thing
- Un-Stitched: Best of etsy.com