12:31 am - Monday, July 22 2019
Home / News / Video: Injuries Reported after stove flare-up at Downtown restaurant
Shoe Shop Fire

Video: Injuries Reported after stove flare-up at Downtown restaurant

A stove flare-up at the Economy Shoe Shop has sent 2 to hospital with second degree burns.

Fire crews with EHS were dispatched to the downtown restaurant near 9pm after a gas stove caused a blast of flame to flare. Police were called in after fire arrived and deemed the incident to possibly be a Labour Board incident. Unconfirmed info provided suggests there were 3 people involved with 2 requiring medical attention.

IMG_20160307_215049_edit

(Image: Economy Shoe Shop Facebook)

Not long ago the Shoe Shop’s Facebook page announced that they were closed for the rest of the evening.

The Labour Board is said to be investigating this incident as fire crews have secured the stove. We will update when more info is available.

DSC_8176_edit

About Haligonia Editors

See news happening near you? Tell us. Click here to email our team.

 

The views and opinions expressed in this content are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of haligonia.ca.

You might also like...

Screenshot_20190720_220904

Iceberg brand and Originale Augustin brand ice cream sandwiches recalled due to possible presence of fine metal particles

**** Recall via Health Canada Iceberg brand and Originale Augustin brand ice cream sandwiches recalled due to...

DSC_0956_wm

Police vehicle involved in collision

**** HRP Media Release Police vehicle involved in collision At approximately 3:25 p.m. a member...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *